The last of Mayor Emanuel’s North Branch Industrial Corridor Initiative meetings will take place on February 21, 2017 at UI Labs, 1415 N. Cherry, from 6:00p.m.-8:00p.m.
Below is an excerpt from the Department of Planning’s page about the project:
DPD staff has discussed many important themes with the public during the planning process, including efforts to protect and grow jobs, enhance access, and improve open spaces within the corridor. Three main goals are guiding the process:
- Maintain the North Branch as an economic engine and vital job center
- Provide better access for people walking, biking and taking transit
- Build upon the area’s unique natural and built assets
After the Feb. 21 meeting, DPD will post the draft land use and development framework on the North Branch section of the department web site. Public comments will be accepted for 30 days and incorporated into a final framework to be posted in early spring.
Community stakeholders unable attend in person can still provide input and participate in the planning process in the following ways:
- View presentations and meeting summaries online at the North Branch summary page
- Reach out on DPD’s Facebook or Twitter page
- Send an email to DPD@cityofchicago.org
Thank you for your continued interest.